You can make a big batch of these in advance and reheat a steaming bowlful on chilly winter mornings.
- 1 cup red espresso® rooibos
1 cup rolled oats (gluten free if available)
- 1 cup water
- 6 dates, de-pitted and chopped
- ½ teaspoon Himalayan rock salt
- 2 tablespoons organic coconut oil
- 2 tablespoons chia seeds
- 1 banana chopped
- Greek yoghurt or almond milk, to serve
- Fresh fruit, to serve
- Toasted almonds, to serve
- Prepare red espresso® rooibos – as you would coffee – using your coffee appliance:
- Add all ingredients except banana and cook for 15 minutes stirring regularly to prevent sticking. Add more water if needed.
- Add chopped banana and cook for a further 5 minutes continuing to stir.
- Serve with Greek yoghurt or almond milk, fresh fruit and toasted almonds.
Recipe development and styling by Peta Suzanne Oshry
Photography by Kate Cozens