Recipe developed by Vernon and Simóne, who are Vegan Lifestyle Bloggers from The Leaf Eaters in collaboration with red espresso®.
We had so much fun making this tasty drink using red espresso® and almond milk.
Matcha has been used for centuries in Japan as a superfood for its powerful antioxidants and amino acids that help boost immunity, energy and concentration.
The matcha latte mix from red espresso® is the perfect blend of exceptional grade Japanese matcha with just a hint of organic coconut blossom sugar for sweetness.
We used our matcha superfood mix to make a delicious strawberry café-style ice drink using almond milk infused with the amazing green matcha, and topped off with some decadent foam.
You can use store bought vegan strawberry milk or use our creative method below of creating your own.
This is the type of ice drink you’ll love as much as the kids do. We’ll have to admit, it totally brought out the kid in us.
- 1 cup ice cubes
- 1 cup almond milk
- 3-5 drops strawberry flavouring (depending on brand and sweetness)
- 2-3 drops pink colouring
- 1 tsp red espresso® Green Tea Matcha Latte Mix
- 30 ml hot water
- 100 ml almond milk
- non-dairy whipped cream to top
- Mix the strawberry flavouring and the pink colouring with the 1 cup of almond milk
- Mix the green tea matcha with the hot water, then add 100 ml milk and froth until foamy
- Add ice cubes to glass, then add the strawberry milk, next slowly add the frothed green tea matcha
- Add your whipped cream on top using a piping bag or a spoon
- Enjoy chilled
Did you find this recipe interesting? Please share your thoughts and comments with us below. We would love to hear from you.