red cappuccino®. So good. And good for you too!As researched by the Antioxidant Research Unit at INFRUITEC, one 60ml shot of red espresso® Rooibos has the same amount of antioxidants as 5 cups of green tea, 1 cup of blueberries, 6 cups of beetroot juice or 20 cups of carrot juice. It also has 10 X more antioxidants than traditionally brewed Rooibos tea (per ORAC measurements) due to its patented grind and espresso method of preparation which means the health benefits of Rooibos are concentrated tenfold in a 60ml shot.
The miracle tea?In addition to being filled to the brim with immune-boosting antioxidants, there are many more reasons to be drinking Rooibos. And when added to steamed milk for a red cappuccino®, you are doing so much more for your body than simply reducing your caffeine intake.
Here’s a list of 10 super health benefits we bet you didn’t know you were getting when you drink a red cappuccino®:
- It has a soothing effect on the central nervous system and is highly recommended for people suffering from irritability, headaches, disturbed sleep patterns, insomnia, nervous tension, mild depression or hypertension.
- It boosts the immune system and may help to fight infection
- It is age defying
- It has anti-carcinogenic properties (red espresso® Rooibos has been endorsed as a CANSA Smart Choice product since 2015)
- It has anti-spasmodic properties and can be used to relieve stomach cramps. It also aids digestion and relieves heartburn, ulcers and constipation
- It contains zinc and alpha hydroxy acid which helps to promote a healthy skin
- It has anti-allergenic properties that reduce the effects of allergies such as hay fever and eczema.
- It is believed to help the respiratory system and reduce the effects of asthma
- It has a low tannin content, so is not bitter-tasting like other teas. This also means that absorption of iron and proteins into the body is less affected, making it particularly good for pregnant women and people who are anaemic
- It contains no oxalic acid (a toxic acid found in certain plants) and is therefore a good choice for those prone to kidney stones
- Rooibos is naturally caffeine-free and suitable for the whole family to enjoy, including children, pregnant and breastfeeding moms and the elderly.