Pairing beautifully with a range of flavours, our award-winning Rooibos is an easy way to put an exotic twist on even the most classic desserts. With red espresso®, one shot is all you need to infuse your dessert with the essence of Rooibos.
This is best made with fresh cherries at the height of summer, but frozen cherries make a good substitute out of season. You can add a shot of cherry liqueur for a grownup treat.
- 350g fresh cherries, pitted, or frozen cherries, defrosted and drained
- 1 tbsp castor sugar
- 1 60ml shot red espresso® Rooibos
- 12 scoops vanilla ice-cream
- Prepare red espresso® Rooibos – as you would coffee – using your coffee appliance:
- Place the cherries, sugar and red espresso® Rooibos in a small pot and simmer over low heat for 10-15 minutes, or until reduced and syrupy.
- Allow to cool for a few minutes before serving over vanilla ice-cream.
Recipe development and styling by Peta Suzanne Oshry
Photography by Kate Cozens