Pairing beautifully with a range of flavours, our award-winning rooibos is an easy way to put an exotic twist on even the most classic desserts. With red espresso, one shot is all you need to infuse your dessert with the essence of rooibos.
These pears are delicious hot or cold, and could just as easily be served with brie cheese and a large glass of port-style wine, or for breakfast with Greek yoghurt.
6 pears, peeled
- 2 cups red espresso rooibos
- 1 tbsp creamed honey
- 1 vanilla pod, split lengthwise
- Custard, to serve
- Prepare red espresso rooibos – as you would coffee – using your coffee appliance:
- Arrange the pears in a medium-sized pot. They should fit quite snugly.
- Pour over red espresso rooibos, add honey and vanilla pod.
- Place over medium heat and bring the red espresso rooibos to a gentle simmer. Reduce heat and partially cover for 10 minutes. Turn pears and cook for another 10 minutes, or until easily pierced with the blade of a knife.
- Serve warm or cold with custard.
Recipe development and styling by Peta Suzanne Oshry
Photography by Kate Cozens